Talent Placement Opportunities
Hey C2 Talent! See all our publicly posted opportunities below.
If you're interested and available for any of these gigs, shoot Shelley an email referencing the opportunity number.
Not on the C2 roster yet? Apply today!
C2 Client is a communications organization that has developed a base of B2B clients who benefit from high visibility, increased traffic, and sales that are derived from their web marketing programs. Clients invest in these programs with the expectation of a solid return in the form of increased interest, solid sales leads, and the conversion of leads into new revenue streams; they look to this organization for professional advice, development of web marketing plans and strategies, and successful execution of these programs.
This C2 Client is looking for a high-energy SEO/PPC/SEM Strategist who can bring a combination of these skills to a seasoned team of account executives, web developers and support staff who are dedicated to building websites that feature great design, perform well on the search engines and convert visits to sales leads at a high rate. The company’s focus on industrial and commercial business requires a unique approach to SEO and web marketing. Understanding of industrial vocabulary and experience in these sectors is highly desirable.
The primary focus of the SEO/PPC/ SEM professional is to provide the strategy and technical expertise
that is required to achieve a strong presence on the search engines, increase qualified search engine traffic and online sales or lead generation for clients.
Work with clients, account executives, copywriters, designers and developers to generate content, optimize copy, site structure and landing pages for Search Engine Marketing
Advocate and work with common social media platforms for both B2B and B2C clients
Create online marketing plans
Analyze web metrics and analytics
Create reports and presentations for clients
Must have managed at least 20-30 different sites and be able to demonstrate success with respect to traffic and lead generation increases. Must be familiar with the tools of the trade such as MOZ.
Website Analysis: Review and analyze client sites for areas that need to be improved, deleted,
revamped, etc.; prepare detailed SEO/PPC/SEM strategy reports.
Keyword Analysis, Research & Copywriting: In-depth knowledge of keyword research. This includes knowing how to identify the least expensive, yet most profitable keywords for client sites – whether they are running a pay per click (PPC) campaign, or want to improve their organic search results.
SEO Copywriting: Responsible for creating some original SEO content for client sites, in addition to
implementing SEO-friendly semantic HTML.
Conduct keyword research and SEO writing based on best practices, e.g. where to place keywords in copy so that it gets the most SE traffic, how to write effective headlines and how to write effective call- to-action statements.
On-line Marketing and Social Media Programs: Ability to understand client needs and objectives and translate them into clearly articulated strategies and effective on-line marketing programs. Research and select the best promotional venues, vehicles and partnership sites and link to. Propose and implement meaningful measurement and metrics tools.
Liaison: Interface effectively with Account Execs. and Front End Developers within the company, and marketing professionals and management within client organizations. Present ideas and programs
Requirements and Skills:
Search Engine Guidelines: Maintain a current understanding of both good and bad search engine optimization tactics: keep abreast of white hat and black hat tactics so as not to run afoul of search
Technology Skills: 2 years of web experience is required including knowledge of web-marketing and blogging platforms as well as MS Office. Must know the “language of SEO and PPC,” and be able to explain the concepts to clients in a manner that is meaningful to their business.
Communication Skills: The SEM/SEO/PPC Specialist interacts with many different parties and must therefore have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Self-Starter: As the position entails many elements, it requires a true self-starter who doesn’t require hand-holding, is able to assess a situation, develop a plan, get approval and run with it.
Analytical Thinker: It is imperative that SEO specialists possess critical thinking and analytical skills. They should be able to readily identify problems and formulate practical solutions to meet client objectives within their budgets.
Additional Skills and Experience in these Areas are a Big Plus:
· Front End Development
· Graphic Design
· B2B and B2C marketing and branding
· SEO / PPC and SEM analysis software
· Familiarity with different content management systems both open source and proprietary
• Negotiate local spot buys for TV, Cable and Radio
• Place print advertising per the approved plan
• Track media schedules and expenditures
• Manage trafficking of spots
• B.A. or B.S. in Marketing, Advertising or related field strongly preferred
• Minimum 2-3 years of media buying experience in a client or ad agency setting. Familiarity with retail, a plus.
• Proficiency in Strata and Excel
WordPress Web Developer
C2 client seeks a proactive, outgoing, organized, collaborative and detail-oriented part-time Web Developer to join their Marketing department. This team supports the sixteen educational departments, which offer 1,500 programs annually to over 20,000 participants of all ages, through short courses, workshops, seminars, and certificate programs.
The Web Developer will operate onsite and within a self-directed work group and as a part of several functional teams with primary responsibilities to assist in the development, testing and deployment of their website within the established timeline.
Duties include working directly (under limited supervision) with the Creative Director and Senior Web Developer performing technical work required while implementing effective, user-friendly solutions.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
90% Web Development
1. Researches design ideas to develop the best creative approach and concepts for style, technique, and production methods.
2. Develops PHP and WordPress solutions that are viable, appropriate, and meet project requirements.
3. Works as a team member with staff to ensure that all technical aspects of the website development are addressed and incorporated into project scope.
4. Incorporates text, graphics, multimedia and data resources into the website and Web applications.
5. Incorporates appropriate user input validation, error condition checking and unhandled error handling to eliminate security risks and maintain integrity of data managed within website and Web applications.
6. Ensures the security and confidentiality of customer records and information; protects against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such records; and protect against unauthorized access to or use of such records or information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to any customer.
10% B. Organizational Activities
1. Maintains project tracking and billing that relates to work duties.
2. Participates in staff meetings.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Minimum of three years experience and extensive knowledge of WordPress, including integrating plugins, widgets and custom field development.
2. Knowledge of the security risks to websites, Web applications, databases and servers, and familiarity with best practices such as the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP).
4. Knowledge of and experience with PHP/MySQL Web application development.
5. Knowledge of and experience implementing Google Analytics.
6. Knowledge of and experience implementing SEO best practices.
7. Working knowledge of the underlying operational principles of the Internet and Web.
8. Advanced knowledge of Web browser & mobile platforms, including responsive web design principles.
9. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
10. Highly developed problem-solving abilities.
11. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
12. Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills, with the ability to adjust style and message to suit the intended audience.
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Duration: Part-time, up to 9 months. (15 to 30 hours per week.)