Talent Placement Opportunities
Hey C2 Talent! See all our publicly posted opportunities below.
If you're interested and available for any of these gigs, shoot Shelley an email referencing the opportunity number.
Not on the C2 roster yet? Apply today!
Packaging Production Artist
C2 client is seeking a packaging production designer to work on production for private and national brand packaging brands.
1. Work on packaging brand line extensions of client’s private and national brand packaging, which would include updating and adapting packaging to new die lines and/or products within the category. Candidates would also be executing new formats from existing style guides, and must have the ability to maintain very specific brand guidelines while doing so.
2. Candidates will be working on packaging projects that involve a tremendous amount of SKUs and detail. Candidates must be extremely detailed-oriented.
3. Must have sound knowledge of:
-Packaging production design
-Adobe Illustrator - must be extremely proficient in this program
-Maintaining file integrity and consistency
-Releasing files (i.e. preparing files to print and to send to our vendors)
-Managing retouching work (i.e. tracking photography through the various steps of the retouching process)
-Proofing - must have the ability to review and approve both digital and hard copy proofs.
4. Able to listen well, take direction, and follow an established process.
5. Candidate will work directly with full-time design staff on some projects and must have the initiative to take ownership of their role in the project.
6. Ability to review their own work against the project job brief details and project request, and ensure project is accurate before moving project on to the project routing.
7. Pluses include being fast-working and having a high degree of accuracy.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: full-time through 01/30/15 with possibility for extension
Location: Onsite, Menomonee Falls
Rate: Based on negotiation and experience
Lead Developer / Technical Lead
C2 client is on the prowl for a Lead Developer / Technical Lead to join their team of digital craftspeople and creative thinkers.
Downtown digital agency is on the prowl for a Lead Developer /Technical Lead to join their team of digital craftspeople and creative thinkers. This is a full-time permanent position.
Agency is a creative and technical digital force that produces and builds experiences for the web, mobile and physical world with measurable results and actionable insights.
As a creative and technical team, they work with their clients to design, develop, launch and maintain interactive digital projects, business-to-business and internal business software and social media strategies. They ensure successful outcomes by listening to clients, identifying their needs and choosing the right technology for the job.
This agency is committed to creating work that exceeds expectations. From design through launch, each project undergoes rigorous regular reviews to ensure that no detail goes overlooked. A scheduled reporting system provides clients with notifications and status updates throughout a project's lifecycle.
Using analytics technology, they collect data and create insights that improve projects and increase positive outcomes for clients.
How would you like to join a growing, talented, experienced and enthusiastic group that emphasizes teamwork, creativity and cooperation? Mid-size digital agency is looking for a Lead Developer/Technical Lead that can write innovative code for high traffic websites, business systems and mobile/tablet apps. You understand Internet fundamentals and value well-written, understandable code and processes and will lead a team to produce great work.
Can you help them fulfill their vision of becoming the Midwest's most advanced digital agency?
• Lead the architecture and design of creative technical solutions, including defining requirements in a way that is understandable to our customers and our team.
• Work with other developers to produce high-end content managed web sites, unique digital promotions, apps that power businesses and apps that target tablet and mobile devices.
• Work with our experienced Technical Director to make smart decisions about the technology we use and our development methodologies.
• Ensure our code meets our quality guidelines and patterns set by existing work.
• Contribute to tech talks that encourage knowledge sharing and technology innovation.
Improve our internal testing capabilities and repeatable deployment procedures.
• Work with our managers and team leaders to create and track work plans, identify risk and issues and set/manage timelines.
• Understand project scopes and aid in generating estimates.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
• Skilled with modern Java, Python and related web frameworks.
• Understand relational databases such as PostgreSQL, query optimization and data analysis.
• Experience with Linux and other open source software, including content management systems.
• Worked on mission critical high volume performance oriented systems.
• Experience with latest browser based technologies (HTML5, Ajax, WebSockets, etc.).
• Mobile development experience is helpful but not required.
• Experience as a senior technical member on project teams.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems, find and fix performance issues and smartly deploy updates.
People describe you as a great team player, enthusiastic and able to quickly learn new things. You read source code to understand how existing systems are organized and operate. You know how to get started, how to manage your time and when to ask for help. People come to you to learn and are encouraged by your ability to help them through sticky situations.
You are excited to work on a variety of projects on different types of technology. You live and breathe open source software and would like to contribute back.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: full-time permanent
Location: Onsite, Milwaukee
WordPress Web Developer
C2 client seeks a proactive, outgoing, organized, collaborative and detail-oriented part-time Web Developer to join their Marketing department. This team supports the sixteen educational departments, which offer 1,500 programs annually to over 20,000 participants of all ages, through short courses, workshops, seminars, and certificate programs.
The Web Developer will operate onsite and within a self-directed work group and as a part of several functional teams with primary responsibilities to assist in the development, testing and deployment of their website within the established timeline.
Duties include working directly (under limited supervision) with the Creative Director and Senior Web Developer performing technical work required while implementing effective, user-friendly solutions.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
90% Web Development
1. Researches design ideas to develop the best creative approach and concepts for style, technique, and production methods.
2. Develops PHP and WordPress solutions that are viable, appropriate, and meet project requirements.
3. Works as a team member with staff to ensure that all technical aspects of the website development are addressed and incorporated into project scope.
4. Incorporates text, graphics, multimedia and data resources into the website and Web applications.
5. Incorporates appropriate user input validation, error condition checking and unhandled error handling to eliminate security risks and maintain integrity of data managed within website and Web applications.
6. Ensures the security and confidentiality of customer records and information; protects against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such records; and protect against unauthorized access to or use of such records or information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to any customer.
10% B. Organizational Activities
1. Maintains project tracking and billing that relates to work duties.
2. Participates in staff meetings.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Minimum of three years experience and extensive knowledge of WordPress, including integrating plugins, widgets and custom field development.
2. Knowledge of the security risks to websites, Web applications, databases and servers, and familiarity with best practices such as the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP).
4. Knowledge of and experience with PHP/MySQL Web application development.
5. Knowledge of and experience implementing Google Analytics.
6. Knowledge of and experience implementing SEO best practices.
7. Working knowledge of the underlying operational principles of the Internet and Web.
8. Advanced knowledge of Web browser & mobile platforms, including responsive web design principles.
9. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
10. Highly developed problem-solving abilities.
11. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
12. Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills, with the ability to adjust style and message to suit the intended audience.
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Duration: Part-time, up to 9 months. (15 to 30 hours per week.)
C2 client is seeking a skilled freelance web designer & developer that is equally competent in web design as in building marketing websites.
Key responsibilities & qualifications include:
• Proficient in HTML and CSS
• Design and development of marketing websites, web and mobile applications and HTML emails
• Design professional templates, interfaces and graphics for all company websites
• Lead web and email projects from inception to completion with some oversight from more senior designers
• Perform general web tasks including website maintenance and page production
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
• Ability to hand-code clean, valid and semantic XHTML and CSS
• Information design skills and experience building wireframes and/or prototypes
• Proficiency with usability best practices and user interface design
• Highly creative as demonstrated through portfolio pieces in addition to possessing a unique and thorough creative process.
• Strong sense for visual design, brand and color
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Through project completion
Mobile App Developer
C2 Client is seeking a contract a mobile app developer with the brains and chops to develop a feature-TBD app for Android and iOS devices.
It is likely that this app would read an OAuth 2.0 authenticated XML/JSON feed of data, integrate with localization/GPS and provide push notifications, among other features.
Qualified? Interested? Give us a shout for more info!
REFERRALS WANTED! If you are not a fit for this position, but just might know someone who is, please email Shelley at email@example.com
Job title: Creative Lead, digital agency in Milwaukee, WI
Start Date: August - September
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours per Week: 40
Starting Salary Range: $65,000 - $85,000 p/yr
Salary/Benefit Notes: We offer a superior insurance package that offers health, dental, and life insurance with additional add-on insurance benefits such as short-term disability and accidental. 401K retirement is also offered because we care about your financial future.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: 4 to 15 years
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: IT - Internet/Web Development, Marketing - Graphics and Design, Marketing - Advertising
C2 client is on the prowl for a Creative Lead to join our team of creative thinkers and technical masters.
We are a creative and technical digital force that produces and builds experiences for the web, mobile and physical world with measurable results and actionable insights.
As a creative and technical team, we work with our clients to design, develop, launch and maintain interactive digital projects, business-to-business and internal business software and social media strategies. We ensure successful outcomes by listening to our clients, identifying their needs and choosing the right technology for the job.
We are committed to creating work that exceeds expectations. From design through launch, each project undergoes rigorous regular reviews to ensure that no detail goes overlooked. Our scheduled reporting system provides clients with notifications and status updates throughout a project's lifecycle.
Using analytics technology, we collect data and create insights that improve projects and increase positive outcomes for our clients.
How would you like to join a growing, talented, experienced and enthusiastic group that emphasizes teamwork, creativity and cooperation? Our Creative Lead works closely with our team to accomplish our web-based project objectives. As a Creative Lead, you will provide team leadership, inspiration and concept guidance/evaluation and direction for creative teams working on client and agency projects. You are responsible for the development of integrated brand solutions for clients, as well as leading client presentations, evaluating and growing talent and supporting new business efforts. A critical member of the leadership team, your mission is to improve the design quality and innovative approach to the solutions we create for our clients across known and emerging media including digital and social media platforms. As part of the role, you will be aiding in the creation of concepts, UX and wireframes that are delivered as client presentations. In addition, this position will provide strategic, operational and tactical support for the Account Management, Digital Planning and Strategy teams. You will also collaborate with our internal creative, media, production and account teams to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Can you help us fulfill our vision of becoming the Midwest's most advanced digital agency?
• Lead the entire creative process to ensure clients consistently receive creative of highest quality.
• Create design directions and be able to hand off and oversee the follow-through of the design direction, meeting the assigned timeline and budget.
• UI/UX design and director on web-based experiences.
• Lead creative sessions for project kick-offs.
• Manage multiple projects from concept through completion.
• Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and advance our brand strategy.
• Establish creative direction for the entire line of online services and programs.
• Supervise and inspire the creative team of vendor partners; generate multiple concepts for a campaign or project.
• Work with the account team, strategy team and copywriters to develop concepts and present to management.
• Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
• Manage team members.
• Provide quality control over concepts and projects.
• At least 4 years management experience working with large-scale websites, e-marketing and advertising.
• Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes and user interface design as well as industry best practices.
• Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography and limitations of the web; must understand modern web and mobile and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions.
• A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process.
• Ability to lead projects from concept to completion. Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping.
• Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Flash.
• Experience with Adobe AfterEffects and video editing is a plus.
• Ability to make evaluative judgments.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
Your friends and family think of you as a highly motivated team player that does not accept anything less than complete success. You want to combine creative thinking with technology to produce innovative results. You have an eye for detail and find problems fast.
If this sounds like you, if you wish to be part of a growing group of highly motivated individuals that are building a truly unique and rewarding company, contact Shelley@c2gps.com.
Digital Production Designer
C2 client is seeking a highly skilled Production Designer for a unique full-time opportunity.
This growing healthcare marketing firm seeking a highly motivated, seasoned production artist. You will be responsible for the production, technical integrity and quality assurance of print and interactive digital design files. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the production/pre-press process as well as knowledge of animation and video software. Your ability to work under pressure to deliver high volumes of accurate work with a strict adherence to brand standards and timelines is central to the role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Prepare and complete files for end user using industry standard design software. Experience in scaling, cropping, repositioning, editing images, color correction and general layout
Produce ads, collateral, direct mail, trade show materials
Ability to adhere to established production quality and brand standards including fonts, logos and colors
Management of electronic files including: properly building accurate files, following naming conventions, saving and uploading files to FTP sites and archiving
Understanding of graphic and photo reproduction processes to troubleshoot for potential problems
Create PDFs and other files to proper print specifications
Possess knowledge of digital and offset printing and web advertising
Mastery of current animation and video software
Ability to design in a variety of digital media platforms including traditional web and mobile interfaces
Working knowledge of interactivity within the web with an ability to understand HTML5, CSS, Flash and how to design for each
Degree in Graphic Design or related experience
10+ years Graphic Design/Production Artist experience in marketing or agency setting
InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Acrobat, web-based platforms, browsers, HTML5, CSS Coding Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Solid understanding of print, pre-production/production processes and software
Ability to work well independently with minimal direction
Team player - positive, collaborative approach to work, proactive nature
Ability to manage time and multi-task in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Open to constructive criticism & willing to voice opinion & develop solutions
Passion for meeting and exceeding client expectations.
Provides support to creative director and coordinates client communications.
Ideal candidate will apply a background in marketing and writing to the agency's clients, exercising best practices in brand strategy, writing, editing, account coordination and content development for web, print and social.
- 2 to 5 years experience, Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design and/or Graphic Design School Degree
- Expert knowledge and proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Working knowledge of Powerpoint, Word, Excel and product photography is a plus
- Working with off-set printing and pre-press processes
- Preparing files and releasing jobs to printers
- Reviewing printing proofs and communicating corrections
- Proofing and maintaining strict brand guidelines with strong attention to details
- Effective and positive communication skills
- Strong time management skills, with a proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet conflicting deadlines
- Asset management